For a lot of men hair loss while not a serious or life-threatening condition is still worrisome for men to face every single day. Thinning hair and hair loss can result in the loss of a person’s self-consciousness and loss of self-confidence. There are seven methods men can use to thicken their hair to make their hair last longer and appear fuller.
- Keeping your hair and scalp clean and healthy is important. Dirty, greasy hair can cause hair to lay flat and therefore it emphasizes the thinning hair you experiencing. It can also prevent new hair growth. You want to use a good hair thickening or volumizing shampoo and conditioner. You want to apply the conditioner mainly on the ends of your hair as to not weigh it down. You could also try using an intensive follicle serum which will help to control oil and keep your scalp healthy. Avoid using heavy styling products like waxes and gels, volumizing products like mousses and sprays can give you a fuller look.
- When your hair is wet it is three times weaker. When you apply heat to it, then it can become even more brittle and become prone to breakage. If you can let your hair dry naturally but if you need to use a towel, then pat your hair to dry it. If you need to use a hairdryer, use the cool setting.
- Combing your hair can cause it to look limp and flat. The secret is to use your fingers to style your hair.
- If you are a smoker then there is another reason for you to stop. Research has shown that smoking increases the level of hormones that trigger hair loss. It can also restrict the tiny blood vessels that carry blood to the scalp. When you limit the blood flow then you limit the nutrients it carries.
- Protecting your head from the sun is important. Your hair protects your scalp from the sun’s rays but as your hair thins the sun’s harmful rays can cause your hair to become brittle and burn your scalp. If this happens your scalp will produce a compound called superoxide which will cause your hair follicles to switch from the growth phase to the shedding phase.
- To give your hair the appearance of being thicker sometimes all it takes is a better haircut. Some men believe that growing their hair out long will make them look like it is thick when in reality, it can draw attention to your thinning hair. The extra weight will cause your hair to lay flat on your scalp. The right short hair cut can cause your hair to look better and thicker.
- Change up your hair color. Now might be a good time to change up your hair color. It not only changes your look but it can make your hair thicker. Hair dyes can thicken hair strands and with the right shade the contrast between your hair and scalp. If you want to change your hair color let a professional do it so you get the right shade and quality products are used that won’t damage your hair.