Men’s Hair Loss Causes FAQ
UNDERSTANDING THE CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS IN MEN may better indicate exactly why it presently has no cure. Here in Middlebury, Connecticut as elsewhere, the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women, is male and female pattern baldness, also known as Androgenetic Alopecia (genetically inherited hair loss).
First, Androgenetic, consisting of ANDROGEN (Any of the various hormones that control the appearance and development of masculine characteristics such as testosterone). And GENETIC–the inheritance of genes from either the mother or the father’s side of the family. Add AGE, which when coupled with genetics, represents a time clock that will signal the hair follicle to produce an enzyme named 5 alpha reductase. When the testosterone present in the follicle combines with the enzyme 5 alpha reductase, it produces dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Second, ALOPECIA, which is the formal medical term for hair loss, of which there are many types.
Common Causes of Hair Loss in Men:
- Alopecia areata: Generally thought to be an autoimmune disorder. Causes “patchy” hair loss, often in small circular areas in different areas of the scalp.
- Alopecia totalis: Total hair loss of the scalp, (an advanced form of alopecia areata). •Alopecia universalis: Hair loss of the entire body, (also an advanced form of alopecia areata).
- Traction alopecia: Hair loss caused by physical stress and tension on the hair such as prolonged use of hair weaving, corn rows etc.
- Telogen effiuvium: Hair loss Caused by Physical stress, emotional stress, thyroid abnormalities, medications and hormonal causes normally associated with females.
- Anagen effiuvium: Generally due to internally administered medications, such as chemotherapy agents, that poison the growing hair follicle.
- Trichotillomania (TTM), or “trich” as it is commonly known, is an impulse control disorder characterized by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, facial hair, nose hair, eyebrows or other body hair, often resulting in noticeable bald patches.
- Chemotherapy and Radiation Treatments: One of the most common side effects of chemotherapy treatment is hair loss. Chemotherapy hair loss may occur on the scalp, face, underarms, and other places on the body.
Non-Surgical Hair Restoration FAQ
So the next question is “What can I do about my thinning hair?” There are several answers, and several questions that need to be answered in order to determine which hair loss treatment or hair replacement solution may be right for you.
Q: My hair is thinning, and I don’t want surgery. What can I do?
A: There are several non-surgical options available to you at Invisions of Connecticut in Middlebury, such as the our exclusive SensiGraft custom hair replacement solution for men.
Q: I’m a very active person. Can I still participate in sports?
A: Yes, the purpose of Invisions of Connecticut’s hair loss treatment and hair restoration procedures is to allow you to do the things that you stopped doing because of your hair loss, such as swimming, boating, water skiing and even riding your Harley.
Q: Are there any limitations on the hair style I choose, or how I can comb my hair?
A: You can comb your hair anyway you want, even straight back.
Q: What if I decide to move out of state?
A: We would be happy to refer you to another Transitions affiliated hair replacement studio or hair restoration center in your new location, without interrupting the type and quality of service to which you have become accustomed.
Free, Confidential Hair Loss Evaluation.
We invite you to schedule your free, confidential hair loss replacement consultation today. Meet with a trained Invisions of Connecticut hair restoration professional at our state-of-the-art hair replacement center in Middlebury, Connecticut . There is no charge or obligation! We will provide you with complete information regarding causes of baldness and specific treatment or hair replacement options tailored to your individual situation and lifestyle.
At Invisions of Connecticut, we constantly strive to give you the freedom to choose what is the absolute best solution for you. We provide our clients with personalized custom solutions that are so incredibly natural that there is simply no reason to suffer from hair loss or baldness any longer.
Say Goodbye to Hair Loss Anxiety. Call (800) 842-4247 today!